I donned my 3D glasses and watched Monsters University at the local movie theatre this afternoon.
As I watched, I felt like it was an endorsement for the growth mindset that we are teaching our children. Lessons like:
- Set a goal, make a plan, and go for it!
- It’s not easy; you’ll have to work at it.
- Believe in yourself (not in what others may say about you).
- Sometimes our differences are our best asset.
- We all have different strengths.
- Collaboration is powerful.
- Failure is an event, not a person.
- Failure may offer you another opportunity.
Interested in going to a school that believes in all the above? Check out the Monsters University webpage (it’s hilarious!)